Saturday, October 1, 2011

Inspiration: Jen Ramos of MadeByGirl

These days bloggers are inspiring me so much. In all areas, fashion, DIY and home design. One of my all time favorite bloggers Jen of Made by Girl, who is a constant source of inspiration, recently posted about her newly installed DIY floating shelves. I think these shelves are an awesome idea and I have the perfect place for them. We have a old side board in our dining / lounge room that I'm thinking of replacing. Don't get me wrong I'm all for antiques but this piece is a bit old and rustic for the theme of the room.    


Jens Floating Shelves 

I've searched all over the internet and did stumble across some other ideas but could not find anything that appealed to me as much as Jens design. The fact that shes used ikea products is an added bonus. Anything ikea is a win for me. 

Some other ideas:




I must admit though for the first couple of weeks after finding MadeByGirl I thought it was Made by IT Girl for some reason. Glad I got that one sorted out. Jen's Blog is an amazing source of interior design inspiration among other thing.  Just looking at the pictures she share of her house I can't help but that that that is the way I want to decorate when I get my own home. I have to say though one thing that makes me incredibly envious of this girl, apart from her awesome blog, her amazing creativity and her cool house has to be her master closet. Do yourself a favor and go and have a look it is truly amazing!  

Jen's House, see more on Made by Girl


Jen is also an amazing artist (Yeah I know how much talent can one girl have right)and you can see some of her artwork above in her own home. Check out Cocoa and Hearts and madebygirl.com to see and purchase (cos you will want to once you've seen it, trust me)her amazing stuff. 


Made By Girl and Cocoa and Hearts artworks. 


Jen recently tweeted about another person who was selling prints which were basically exact copies of Jen's work. I'm not going to link you to the etsy shop or even mention the shops name because I don't want to justify what the person is doing or give them more publicity. I can understand why you would want to copy Jen's work because it is amazing, but obviously what this person is doing is wrong and to prove it you should go and buy the art from Jen and not copycats. 




http://madebygirl.blogspot.com


 So thanks Jen for doing what you do. And Keep on doing it!!



P.S. Jen just started following me on twitter, yes maybe I had a little bit of a fan girl moment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they make me so happy. x