Sunday, January 22, 2012

Birthday Cake




With this weekend being one of my Best friends 21st Birthday, it was the perfect opportunity to do some baking. After seeing this post on Cupcakesandcashmere I really wanted to have a proper go at a layer cake so I headed over to Smitten Kitchen for some layer cake tips. One thing that I have never done before is frozen my cake before working with it, but when making layer cakes Deb from Smitten Kitchen suggests freezing each layer to make it easy to cut it.  









I was so happy with how it turned out and everybody enjoyed it.


Photos from My friends Birthday dinner Via my Instagram


2 comments:

  1. happy bday to your friend!!!this cake looks so delicious!!!

    mysteryfishbowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Oh my goodness, now I need cake desperately... xx

    http://modernlegacy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they make me so happy. x